I read last night that Blizzard announced they will be nerfing the Firelands Raids on Sept 19th or at least, that week, my guess is before Brewfest. Yes kids, Brewfest is next week. Anyways, I was pretty unphased by this announcement because I don’t raid. But for shits and giggles, I read some of the responses to this post. All I can say is…wow.
So basically there were a few types of people:
1) There was the person that thought this was good, gives people a chance to see more content that they might not have been able to.
2) Then there were the people that thought this was horrible, because they earned their heroic gear and they deserve to stand out from the others.
3) Then there seemed to be this crowd that thought they were LEET, but really weren’t…the ones that were really upset because they wanted to down it without the nerf.
4) Lastly, there was the indifferent crowd, but not many of these guys said anything, because well…they don’t care.
It was interesting for me to read some of the things people said, some people are really full of themselves. It was amazing that people actually believed that others SHOULDN’T be able to raid and get gear at the same level. What?? So I basically had these reactions:
1) Yeah, anything that makes more of the game available to the game population is a good thing. If Blizzard isn’t seeing the number of bosses downed as they would like to, then they change the encounters, it makes sense.
2) If you think I spend my time looking at your gear or even caring where it came from, you have another thing coming. I just care that if I happened to be in your group, you aren’t a total menace, jerkface, or annoyance and that you can do the role you queued for.
3) Sorry, if you and your raid group were as elite as you think you are, you would have all the bosses down by now. It’s a game, relax.
4) I don’t really care either!
As I mentioned at the beginning of the post, I don’t raid. So this change doesn’t affect me very much. I can appreciate a certain sense of pride for downing bosses when they are “current” and before they are nerfed, but in the end, this is just a pixilated game. And out where things matter, whether you downed a boss on heroic before the nerf isn’t going to do things like, get you a partner, a promotion, or respect from peers. So relax, enjoy the game for what it is. It will be okay. And if you’re so upset, just quit WoW–at least then the queues will be shorter. 😉