Back in July I made a post where I outlined some of the goals I have for myself and my characters. Here’s a review:
- Troutwort (80 hunter) – finish leveling up the wolf pet to 80. Spend some time skinning and attempt to sell some crafted items.
- Elgar (80 priest) – work towards novelty Argent Tourney pet. Join a 10 man Naxx for the whole time.
- Schubert (75 mage) – get to 76, head to Sholazar, mine like a crazy man and make enough cash to buy cold-weather flying at 77. Schubert is poor.
- Borka (71 shaman) – get to 72, get some better weapons.
- Sibelius (66 druid) – try to get to 68 to head to Northrend, most likely via finding a group that wants to run Outland dungeons–it’s hard to kill things as resto.
- Kalinnikov (40 paladin) – convince people to run me through some instances–hehe. Work towards 44, he wants his hammer.
- Teufel (29 warlock – horde) – spend some time on Dawnbringer and reach 30 so he can get his mount.
- Floy (65 death knight) – spend a couple hours mining and working on blacksmithing. Get to 68 to head to Northrend, eventually.
I thought it would be a good time to check in on where I’m at with things and see what new goals I might have.
- Troutwort – he did get the wolf leveled up to 80 and is 449/450 for his LW. He’s been crafting things for guildmates and such. It’s been really great. In fact he has been kicking some butt all over the place. He has not been selling his LW products though. I just haven’t spent the time to skin enough. He did however complete the Sons of Hodir questline, which is something I was loathing.
- Elgar – He hasn’t gotten a tourney pet nor has he completed Naxx 10. But he did go on a OS raid and has actually been doing really well gearing himself.
- Schubert – He did go to Scholazar and has actually been mining up a storm! His DPS has really picked up and now even though he’s frost he can still hold his own. He was able to get epic flying and craft his magic carpet.
- Borka – He made it to 72. His inscription has also been leveling and he’s discovering some better glyphs. It’s a good thing. But he hasn’t seen much love since Schubert hit 80.
- Sibelius – He actually hit 70 already as noted in yesterdays post. He’s doing well but probably will hang out at 70 for some time or just be used to help heal UK and Nexus. He now has the heirloom shoulders and chestpiece too.
- Kalinnikov – Got up to 42 and is resting at the moment.
- Teufel – Hit 30 and is resting.
- Floy – She’s always been last priority, but Schubert sent her a ton of ore and she’s been working slowly on her BS, it would be nice to have a blacksmith at higher level, but damn, that profession sure does eat up the ore…and fast!
So that’s where they have been – it actually doesn’t seem like all that much since July. 😦 But there’s always something to do. So what’s next?
- Troutwort, Elgar, and Schubert – keep getting more gear as possible through the badges and heroics, the new ToC instance as well. There is great stuff. Elgar to possibly think about dual spec for shadow?!?! We’ll see. 😉
- Sibelius and Borka – one of these two will probably become priority for leveling once I am satisfied with the other three. I doubt it will be long before I start the Northrend grind again on Borka, I’m betting it will be Borka next. Possibly dual spec for Sibelius to help him level faster, that or cold-weather flying.
- Kalinnikov and Teufel – sadly these two probably won’t see too much love. So I suspend any goals or plans with them.
- Floy – when Schubert is bored I’ll keep getting more ore for Floy. Her profession is actually her biggest attraction. Then I suppose I’ll actually have to work on getting her to 68 as well. Fortunately, Outlands is really fast now.
- NEW! Kittykat – though technically not my character, it might be time to focus on her a little bit as well. She does enchanting and is at 430 or so now. Moving her up the ladder would help that skill out and provide her with things to work on. She might move up in the queue as well. That or I need to convince her creator to actually pick up the game again.
So all that said, you might see some more upcoming posts about Shaman or Druids as they will most likely be my next characters to level up. I definitely want to have them both hit 80 before the next XPac, and while that may be over a year away look how long it took me to get any of my 5 level 70s up to 80. Trout didn’t hit until April. Now yes, granted I did level a druid and a shaman to 60 in that time, but still. I’d like to have Borka, Sibelius, and Kittykat all to 80 by the next Xpac, and I’d like to have Floy to at least 70 by then. I like to leave on dangling behind, that way for the first month or two when every zone is lagtastic and over populated I will have something else to do. Besides moving through a zone later usually means less competition for herbs and ore.